Looking for the best glue gun for fabric? You’ve come to the right place! This article will discuss the different types of glue guns available on the market and recommend a few of our favorites.
- 1 5 Best Glue Guns For Fabric – Reviewed
- 2 1. Gorilla Dual Glue Gun
- 3 2. AdTech Dual Temperature Glue Gun
- 4 3. AdTech Ultra Cool Tool
- 5 4. Surebonder Cordless Hot Glue Gun
- 6 5. Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Gun
- 7 How To Use A Glue Gun On Fabric For Beginners?
- 8 Tips To Use The Glue Gun On Fabric
- 9 Safety Measures To Use A Glue Gun On Fabric
- 10 Buying Guide For Best Glue Gun For Fabric
We’ll also provide a buying guide to help you choose the perfect model for your needs. So whether you’re looking for a heavy-duty model or something small and portable, we’ve got you covered!
5 Best Glue Guns For Fabric – Reviewed
Glue guns are relatively inexpensive and can be found at most craft stores. When using a glue gun, it’s important to be careful as the glue can be very hot. You’ll also want to make sure that you’re using the right type of glue stick.
There are special fabric glue sticks available that will work better than the regular ones.
This glue gun is perfect for any craft project. It allows you to adjust the temperature of the glue so that it does not burn or melt your projects. The glue is also washable and can be removed from the fabric with a little bit of soap and water.
The trigger makes it easy to control how much glue comes out, allowing you to have complete control over your projects. The stand on the bottom of the gun keeps it in place while you are working on a project, keeping your hands free!
The Gorilla Dual Temp Mini Glue Gun is an ideal tool for fabric crafting. With its precision nozzle and dual temperature settings, it gives you the power to create clean, consistent stitching lines without fear of melting your fabric. And its compact size makes it perfect for traveling and storing in small spaces.
Why you should choose Gorilla Dual Temp Mini Hot Glue Gun for fabric bonding?
With its precision nozzle and dual temperature settings, the Gorilla Dual Temp Mini Hot Glue Gun is our top pick for the best glue gun for fabric. The high-temperature setting is great for bonding thicker fabrics, while the low-temperature setting works well with delicate fabrics.
- Its dual temperature is very effective to maintain its temperature according to the material you are sticking.
- The easy squeeze trigger that pumps the glue out better than any glue gun.
- This glue gun is very handy and easy to use.
- Trigger is broken after a few hours of light work I had to press down the glue stick.
- The nozzle is too small.
2. AdTech Dual Temperature Glue Gun
When it comes to fabric, you want to make sure you’re using glue that will hold up over time. With the AdTech Dual Temperature Glue Gun, you can be confident that your fabric will stay in place. This glue gun features a high-temp option that will give you a stronghold, even on heavier fabrics.
The AdTech Dual Temperature Glue Gun is a 40-watt glue gun that can be used for low or high temperature applications. This corded glue gun has an energy-conscious design that reduces energy demand once it reaches temperature.
What are the benefits of using a glue gun for fabric?
There are many benefits to using a glue gun for fabric projects. One of the biggest benefits is that it can save you a lot of time. Sewing projects can often be time-consuming, particularly if you are working with multiple layers of fabric. Using a glue gun can help you to quickly and easily attach fabric layers, saving you valuable time in the sewing process.
- This glue gun will never leave you waiting too long to heat up, which means you can finish your project easily.
- Always use the right heat for your material; fabric, felt, florals, and paper have a low tolerance for heat, so low heat is better.
- This has a great value and is safe.
- It can be very hot sometimes that’s why it is not save for kids.
The AdTech Cool Tool is a great addition to any household. It is designed with kids in mind and has several features that help make it safe and easy for children to use.
The tool runs at lower temperatures than most hot glue guns so it’s safer if your child accidentally touches the tip or if they leave the tool running while unattended.
The cool tip will also keep your fingers from getting burned while you’re working on projects or helping little ones with theirs.
This glue gun is a great choice for simple projects and is safe enough to use around kids. It’s not as powerful as some hot glue guns, but it’s still a handy tool to have in your arsenal.
What is the key feature of AdTech Ultra Cool Tool glue gun?
The key feature of AdTech Ultra Cool Tool glue gun is its precision. With its precision, you can easily and quickly glue small or delicate items together without worrying about them being damaged or coming apart. Additionally, the glue gun has a built-in stand that allows you to keep it steady while in use, making it even easier to use.
- It is hot but it did not damage the skin.
- Multiple applications apart from just balloon. You can stick papers, cardboards etc.
- Once applied, you need to hold it together for 5-6 seconds and then it stays.
- It can’t be use for big projects and heavy crafting as it works on small areas otherwise the glue dry out.
This Surebonder Cordless Hot Glue Gun is perfect for bonding metal, wood, ceramics and other porous and non-porous materials.
The cordless design means you can use it anywhere, and the included heating base (for holding and warming glue gun in cordless mode) and mini glue pad to hold gun between applications make it even more convenient.
With a 60-watt capacity, this glue gun can be used indefinitely with the cord or for up to 3 minutes without the cord.
Can you use surebonder cordless hot glue gun for bigger projects?
The short answer is yes, you can use a cordless glue gun for bigger projects. The long answer is that it depends on the size of the project and how much glue you need. A cordless glue gun is great for small to medium sized projects. For larger projects, you may want to consider using a traditional glue gun that is plugged into an outlet.
- This glue gun is portable and makes it easy to use anywhere.
- The drip plate is very helpful.
- The indicator light lets you know when it’s on.
- It is heated only while attached to the stand, but it stays heated long enough for the small projects.
Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Gun is the ideal glue gun for any fabric. It features a precise high temp hot glue gun that can be used to bond wool, leather and more. The slim, ergonomic design ensures comfortable gluing and precise control.
This mini hot glue gun has a temperature range of 200 degrees Fahrenheit to 260 degrees Fahrenheit with an adjustable thermostat for precision application. This glue gun comes with a convenient on/off switch along with a built-in stand so it can be used as a hands-free glue gun.
The LED light indicates when the glue gun is on and ready to use. It also features a removable drip tray for easy cleanup. This glue gun is perfect for sewing any fabric whether you are a professional or beginner.
How Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Gun makes sewing or bonding fabric easy?
Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Gun is a high-performance adhesive that provides a strong, permanent bond on fabric. It has adjustable temperature control so you can find the perfect setting for your project, and it comes with a stand to keep it upright while in use.
- It was hot enough to stick stuff on but not hot enough to burn my finger
- Heats up quickly and easy to use.
- It’s small and very lite weight.
- It is not good enough for heavy crafters.
How To Use A Glue Gun On Fabric For Beginners?
A glue gun is a handy tool that can be used for a variety of projects, including fabric. Here are some tips on how to use a glue gun on fabric:
- Start by prepping your fabric. This means washing and drying it if necessary and ironing out any wrinkles.
- Cut your fabric into the desired shape or size.
- Apply glue to the fabric using a glue gun. Be sure to use a low-temperature setting on the glue gun to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Press the fabric onto your project surface and hold it in place until the glue dries.
And that’s it! Using a glue gun on fabric is a quick and easy way to add a decorative touch to your project. Give it a try the next time you’re working with fabric.
Related Video: Hot Glue as a substitute for needle and thread
Tips To Use The Glue Gun On Fabric
Here are a few tips on how to use a glue gun on fabric:
- Pick a fabric that is not too thick. You want to be able to glue the fabric down without it being bulky.
- Cut your fabric into strips or pieces that will fit easily on your project.
- Position the fabric where you want it before you start gluing. Once the glue dries, it will be difficult to move the fabric.
- Apply a thin layer of glue to the fabric. You can always add more glue if you need to, but it’s difficult to remove excess glue once it’s on the fabric.
- Press the fabric down onto your project and hold it in place for a few seconds.
- Let the glue dry completely before you move on to the next step in your project.
Safety Measures To Use A Glue Gun On Fabric
Before you start gluing, it’s important to understand the basic safety guidelines. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe while using a glue gun on fabric:
- Wear protective gear. When using a glue gun, always wear gloves and eye protection. This will help protect your hands and eyes from hot glue and molten glue.
- Work in a well-ventilated area. Glue guns produce fumes that can be harmful if inhaled, so it’s important to work in a well-ventilated area. If possible, open a window or door to let fresh air into the room.
- Be careful with hot glue. Hot glue is just that – hot! Be careful not to touch the hot glue with your skin. If you do get hot glue on your skin, let it cool before trying to remove it.
- Use a low-temperature glue gun. A low temp glue gun will have a lower melting point and will be less likely to scorch your fabric.
- Test the glue on a scrap piece of fabric before you start working on your project. This will help you get a feel for how much pressure to use and how hot the glue gun is.
- Use a piece of cardboard or a scrap piece of wood to protect your work surface.
- Be sure to unplug the glue gun when you’re finished using it.
Buying Guide For Best Glue Gun For Fabric
When it comes to working with fabric, having the best glue gun for the job is essential. There are a few things to consider when choosing a glue gun, such as the size of the nozzle, the wattage, and whether you need a cordless or not.
1. Size Of The Nozzle
Depending on the project you are working on, you will need a different size nozzle. A smaller nozzle is great for delicate projects, while a larger nozzle is better for heavy-duty projects.
The wattage of the glue gun will determine how hot the glue gets. Higher wattage means the glue will be hotter, which is great for heavy-duty projects. However, if you are working with delicate fabric, you will want a lower wattage so the glue doesn’t damage the fabric.
3. Cordless Or Not
Another thing to consider when choosing a glue gun is whether you need a cordless or not. If you are working on a project that requires you to move around a lot, a cordless glue gun is a way to go. However, if you are working on a project that doesn’t require much movement, a corded glue gun will be just fine.
The best option for fabric is to use a low-temperature glue gun, as it will ensure that you have the strongest bond without damaging delicate materials like cloth.
If your project requires heavy-duty work such as joining wood panels together with fabric straps or fastening large furniture components securely in place then consider getting one of these high-power tools which come equipped with both standard and custom temperature settings!
I fell in love with crafts & fixing things when I was 11 years old – after discovering the world of blogging, I am combining my passions to present the world with well-researched guides & reviews about everything related to adhesives & glue.