If you’re looking for the best glue stick for paper, then look no further! In this blog post, we will discuss our top five picks for the best glue stick available. We’ll go over the pros and cons of each one so that you can make an informed decision before purchasing. Whether you’re a crafter or just need to bind some papers together, these glue sticks will do the trick.
- 1 8 Best Glue Sticks For Paper
- 2 Top Pick: Elmer’s All Purpose Glue Stick
- 3 Runner Up: UHU All Purpose Adhesive Stick
- 4 Third Pick: Scotch Glue Stick
- 5 Fourth Pick: Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue
- 6 Fifth pick: Amazon Basics All Purposes Glue Sticks
- 7 Sixth Pick: Cra-Z-art Washable Glue Sticks
- 8 Seventh Pick: tesa Easy Stick Power
- 9 Eighth Pick: Pritt Original Glue Stick
- 10 Buying Guide For Glue Stick For Paper
- 11 3. Size Of Project
- 12 Why You Should Use A Glue Stick On Paper Instead Of Liquid Glue?
8 Best Glue Sticks For Paper
I’m sure you’ve all used a glue stick before, but have you ever tried using one for paper? I have to say, it’s pretty awesome! The best part is that it doesn’t leave any residue behind and it’s really easy to use.
If you’re looking for a way to make your paper projects easier, then I highly recommend using a glue stick. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed. Below are the most recommended glue sticks for paper.
Top Pick: Elmer’s All Purpose Glue Stick
This glue stick is our top pick for the best glue stick for paper. It is perfect for both school and home projects. The Elmer’s All Purpose Glue Stick goes on smooth and dries clear, making it ideal for bonding paper together.
It is also acid-free and photo-safe, so you don’t have to worry about it damaging your photos or documents. This glue stick is non-toxic and washable, making it safe for both children and adults to use.
What is the best feature of Elmer’s all-purpose glue stick?
The best feature of Elmer’s All Purpose Glue Stick is its versatility. It can be used on a variety of materials, including paper, cardboard, fabric, and photos. Additionally, it dries quickly and is acid-free, making it ideal for archival projects. Whether you’re crafting with your kids or working on a professional project, Elmer’s All Purpose Glue Stick is a great choice.
- Each stick holds plenty of glue and holds solid once dry.
- It goes on smoothly, sticks nicely, and does wash off easily.
- It sticks very well on almost any kind of crafting material, wood, glass, fabrics of all kinds, etc.
- A user reported that the glue dried on the paper before I could even attach the pieces I was trying to glue down.
Runner Up: UHU All Purpose Adhesive Stick
This glue stick is our runner-up for the best glue stick for paper. The UHU All Purpose Adhesive Stick is perfect for both home and office use. It goes on smooth and dries clear, making it ideal for bonding paper together.
This glue stick is also acid-free and photo-safe, so you don’t have to worry about it damaging your photos or documents. This glue stick is non-toxic and washable, making it safe for both children and adults to use.
For what purposes you can use the UHU glue stick?
UHU glue sticks can be used for a variety of purposes, such as scrapbooking, paper crafting, and general repairs. They are also acid-free and photo safe, making them ideal for use with sensitive materials. UHU glue sticks are available in a variety of sizes and styles to suit your needs.
Whether you need a strong bond for heavy-duty projects or a repositionable glue for delicate materials, UHU has the perfect solution for you. Visit their website today to learn more about their products and find the right one for your next project.
- This glue stick is easy to use. Easy to apply and went on evenly.
- It is mess-free and easy to remove from the skin and outer surface of the paper.
- It’s soft enough to use on antique papers so I don’t tear them.
- If you do use it on thin paper, know it will harden up the paper a little and add a bit of curl.
Third Pick: Scotch Glue Stick
This glue stick is our third pick for the best glue stick for paper. The Scotch Glue Stick goes on smooth and dries clear, making it ideal for bonding paper together. It is also acid-free and photo-safe, so you don’t have to worry about it damaging your photos or documents. This glue stick is non-toxic and washable, making it safe for both children and adults to use.
How do I remove Scotch Glue Stick from surfaces?
To remove Scotch Glue Stick from surfaces, simply use soap and water. The adhesive is non-toxic and will not harm surfaces. Simply apply the glue to the surface and press down firmly. Allow the glue to dry before using the item. You may need to apply additional pressure to keep the item in place until the glue dries. For best results, use Scotch Glue Stick on clean, dry surfaces.
- Glides across paper great and keeps things stuck down.
- It adheres to everything well without wrinkles.
- The strongest adhesion and the glue just glides over the surface.
- A user reported that it can’t stick any other thing beside papers.
Fourth Pick: Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue
Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue is the number one teacher brand and a favorite of parents for school projects, crafts, and more. The disappearing purple formula helps kids see where the glue is, so they can place it exactly where they want it.
It dries clear to leave a mess-free appearance. This washable, nontoxic, acid-free formula is ideal for classrooms and homes.
How do I use Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue?
For best results when applying with a brush, use a small amount of glue and brush it onto the surface. For best results when applying with a sponge, wet the sponge first, then squeeze out any excess water before dabbing it into the glue. Apply pressure to adhere the two surfaces together.
Is Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue safe for kids?
Yes, this glue is safe for kids and washable from skin and clothing.
- Permanent ish paper gets a little wavy not wet then dries smooth.
- It will work well on paper projects and basic arts and crafts.
- Disappearing Purple Glue Stick goes on purple so it is easy to see when applying, then dries clear.
- At first it looked okay then little by little, the items start lifting and ultimately falling off whatever they’ve been glued to.
Fifth pick: Amazon Basics All Purposes Glue Sticks
AmazonBasics All-Purpose Glue Sticks are ideal for crafts, scrapbooking, home repairs, and more. The glue pen can be used two ways—as a standard glue stick or as an applicator with the cap attached. The non-toxic formula is photo-safe and acid-free for use on paper, wood, leather, and fabric.
It also conforms to ASTM d4236 standard. AmazonBasics All-Purpose Glue Sticks are xylene-free and water-based for easy cleanup with soap and water.
What is the one best feature of AmazonBasics All Purpose Glue Stick?
The best feature of AmazonBasics All-Purpose Glue Stick is its non-toxic formula that is photo-safe and acid-free for use on paper, wood, leather, and fabric. This glue stick also conforms to the ASTM d64236 standard.
AmazonBasics All-Purpose Glue Sticks are xylene-free and water-based for easy cleanup with soap and water.
What are the basic uses of AmazonBasic All Purposes Glue Stick?
The AmazonBasics All-Purpose Glue Stick can be used for a variety of purposes, including crafts, scrapbooking, home repairs, and more. The glue pen can be used two ways—as a standard glue stick or as an applicator with the cap attached.
- It does get stronger as you use it.
- This glue stick is also great for 3D printers to make sure the first layer sticks well.
- This glue stick works better than most and doesn’t seem to dry out as quickly as others. And gives time to paste the thinks together.
- Does have a faint smell, smells like something old.
Sixth Pick: Cra-Z-art Washable Glue Sticks
Cra-Z-art Washable Glue Sticks are acid-free and safe and non-toxic. These school-quality glue sticks are on every school list. They are washable, which makes them easy to clean up after use. The glue sticks can be used for a wide variety of projects including scrapbooking, card making, gift wrapping, greeting cards, and more.
How do I use Cra-Z-Art Washable Glue Sticks?
Directions: To use, twist the cap off counterclockwise. Replace the cap after each use. Store horizontally with the opening facing up. Test on scrap paper first. Apply light pressure while rolling glue stick up and down on paper until a thin layer of glue appears.
- Easy to use and no drying time required.
- It doesn’t pucker the paper-like white liquid glue.
- Some users reported that it is not durable. The glue in the stick cracked and dried after some time.
- The glue amount in the stick is very low. That’s why it is not good for big projects.
Seventh Pick: tesa Easy Stick Power
The tesa Easy Stick is a quick and easy-to-use adhesive glue stick for office work and handicrafts with paper and cardboard. The environmentally friendly adhesive is made of 100% recycled plastic, with 65% bio-based adhesive and 80% recycled cardboard.
The triangular container shape and light application allow for an accurate, quick, and clean spread of glue. The tesa Easy Stick is odorless and solvent-free and the adhesive can be washed off with cold water – therefore particularly pleasant to use.
What is the best feature of tesa Easy Stick Power?
The best feature of tesa Easy Stick Power is that it is made out of 100% recycled plastic, with 65% bio-based adhesive and 80% recycled cardboard. This makes it an eco-friendly glue stick. It is safe for you and the environment as well.
- Looks good as a container and it won’t roll away.
- Smooth to apply and sticks well.
- It can hold the prints on a 3D printer. It can be a little expensive but it is effective.
- If there is a spillover of the glue onto the top of the main container and unless you clean this thoroughly.
- Because of the wedge shape, it is impossible to twist off the top as you can with the usual cylindrical sticks.
Eighth Pick: Pritt Original Glue Stick
Pritt Original sticks are made out of 90% renewable ingredients and are safe, solvent-free, and acid-free. They’re quick, clean, and easy to use, leaving no mess behind. Pritt sticks have an improved formula that now contains up to 10% more glue for even stronger sticking power! Each stick measures 5 × 15 cm (2″ x 6″) – perfect for every project.
- It glues well, is non-toxic, and doesn’t smell weird.
- It comes in different sizes. You can choose what size you want according to your work requirements.
- Good for kids because it is non-toxic.
Buying Guide For Glue Stick For Paper
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best glue stick for paper. The type of paper, the thickness of the paper, and the size of the project all play a role in determining which glue stick is best.
1. Type Of Paper
If you are working with thicker paper, you will want to use a glue stick that is designed for heavy-duty projects. These glue sticks will be stronger and hold up better under the weight of the paper.
For thinner papers, a light-duty glue stick works well. These are typically clear or white and have a lower viscosity or thickness. This makes them ideal for projects that require a lot of precision, such as scrapbooking.
2. Type Of Glue Stick
There are two main types of glue sticks- permanent and repositionable. Permanent glue sticks are just that- they create a bond that is difficult to break. Repositionable glue sticks have a weaker bond, but can be easily lifted and moved if necessary.
While deciding on the glue stick you should know what kind of bond you want for your project. If you need a strong bond that will hold up over time, go for a permanent glue stick. If you need a weaker bond that can be easily adjusted, go for a repositionable glue stick.
3. Size Of Project
The size of the project is also an important consideration. For smaller projects, a mini glue stick is sufficient. These glue sticks are about half the size of a standard glue stick and are perfect for bonding smaller pieces of paper together.
For larger projects, a jumbo glue stick is necessary. These glue sticks are about twice the size of a standard glue stick and are perfect for bonding larger pieces of paper together.
Why You Should Use A Glue Stick On Paper Instead Of Liquid Glue?
Here are three reasons why a glue stick is the better choice:
- First, it’s much less messy. You don’t have to worry about spillage or sticky fingers.
- Second, it’s more precise. You can apply just the right amount of glue to your project without making a mess.
- Third, it’s easier to store and transport. Glue sticks are small and compact, so you can take them with you wherever you go.
I fell in love with crafts & fixing things when I was 11 years old – after discovering the world of blogging, I am combining my passions to present the world with well-researched guides & reviews about everything related to adhesives & glue.